1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does MXR M80 have effect loop designed?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by initialsl, Oct 4, 2008.

1. initialsl

initialsl

Oct 4, 2008
    I need the distortion of the M80 but I want to add the other pedals before the balanced output。
    Does MXR M80 have effect loop designed? So I can put the other effects into it.
    Just like:bass>input>output>other pedals>parallel output>direct output
    Can it works as Hartke bass attack?

Attached Files:

2. The MXR only has a 1/4" instrument input, a 1/4" line out, and a balanced line out. So it doesn't have enough connectivity to form a loop.

3. initialsl

initialsl

Oct 4, 2008
    I knew it,but hartke bass attack's set is similiar to m80,in its manual the picture above printed,so i'm puzzling~

4. the mxr could probably work like that since it has the same ins and outs. but i would have to try it out tomorrow

5. My vote is that it'll work. I just spent half an hour screwing around with the m-80, a flanger, and an eight string because of this post. It seems to work, but the wiring is a lot more convoluted than I'd like (in through the out jack).

I would've never thought of such nonsense, because I hardly ever use effects, and NEVER worry about signal routing.

6. Whether it works satisfactorily or not will depend on the impedance characteristics of the bass and effects involved.

Only one way to know for sure, try it.