1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does my HL500 Need a Rack-Case?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Orpheus55, Jun 27, 2014.

1. I just bought a Hartke LH500. I drive to all my gigs myself, head on the front seat or in the truck cab, 2 x 10 neo cab bungi-corded to the truck bed. I don't use any effects or tuners or power conditioners, etc. Should I even bother with a rack (I was thinking a 2U)? Especially since I sometimes (in tight spaces) place the head atop the vertical cab. I used to toss my PF500(now fried) into a computer bag, but the LH is 23 lbs. Looks like it is built like a tank; thinking I will just remove the rack ears and throw it under my arm for load-ins and out..

2. telecopy

telecopy

Dec 6, 2009
    USA
    I would. These look like they would work to help protect the head and not cost much.
    http://pearsoncases.com/products-page/simple-racks/2-space-simple-rack/

3. Nice amp buy! I have my hartke ha3500 in a 2U gator road case. I think it was 89$ from my local music store. Working great so far, with the handles on it I can carry it with one hand while I carry my pedal bag with the other . They're definitely not "needed" but for my instance , I like having it for the protection and easy carrying

4. Really good buy at $297 from MF. I thought about the ease of carrying too. Do you have the standard or shallow rack? Some here have used the shallow, as it is 14.25 deep to the amp's 14.50.

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Amp bags are like 45 bucks (or less, used) and are essential for bare minimal protection, imo.
    hit your brakes once hastily / emergency stopping and you'll find out.

6. Great advice. I think I need one after all.

7. I have the normal depth , leaves a little room in the back for me to hold speaker cable and power cable . Some little advice I shall pass on from experience this past weekend. If you are using it in the summer outdoor sun, keep a fan shooting in to the back of the rack case to cool down amp. My head Fits perfectly in the 2U but doesn't leave much room for cooling airflow . I never had an issue with indoor or outdoor night shows though

8. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    I'd get a rack case. That way you never have to worry about the issue again.

9. telecopy

telecopy

Dec 6, 2009
    USA
    That looks nice too. I think you will have peace of mind knowing your amp is protected. Not one penny wasted.