Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does "New School" accept electric bass?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Corbis, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    I did a search and didn't find anything.

I also looked on their website, its not very helpful.

I know I could call the admissions and see but I also wanted to recieve some insight from the knowlegeable people here.

I recently went to NY for a weeklong chior trip.

I REALLY liked New York and would like to try and go their for college.

But after doing some reading around here it seems that New York is mainly a Double Bass town. Is that correct?

But my main question is:

I was looking at possiblites for schools and I came across New School it seems really nice but I can't seem to find if they accept JUST Electric bass (a real weakness).

But on their addmissions information they state that guitar/bass should bring any patch cords they need.

Does "New School" accept JUST electric bass?

2. groove100

groove100

Jan 22, 2005
    VA.
    eventually in conservatories or other music schools. you have to do both, but probably treat the upright as your minor instrument. check out queens college, or even william patterson university in wayne NJ (20 min away from the city)

markus huber

3. DrewBud

DrewBud

Jun 8, 2005
    Nashville
    I belive that new school Accepts both upright and Electric. I was accepted there as an acoustic player so I never looked at the electric side.

I know that MSM will accept both. William patterson is a small program that's really hard to get into, but last I knew it was one of the best. I would also look at NYU!

4. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Why not contact them from the contact info on their website. Or go to Reggie Workman's site and get his contact info and ask him.

www.reggieworkman.com