Does Sadowsky.....?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Make a metro P-bass or is it only Jazz basses that come in the metro series. if not would they be able to build a metro P or would it wind up costing the same about as a NYC since it would be like a custom job? thanks
  2. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    To my knowledge, there is currently no P Metro. Anything that is different from the Meto offerings would necessarily be made as an NYC.
  3. There has been discussion here on TB about the possibility of a forthcoming Metro with a P pickup. Just a rumour maybe? Nino and Major Metal may know more.
  4. Im sure Nino could build you one. Celinder also makes a version that is supposedly amazing... the Update model that is meant to cop the 70's funky P Bass thing in an ultra high quality package.... it's priced about the same or maybe a little less than the Sadowsky NYC models.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thier is currently no P body Metro bass although the NYC shop does does build them. I recall Roger telling me that a P or PJ would be the next addition to the Metro line but i believe he ment on a J body.
  6. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Does that mean, if it was a P, it'd be like a Fender Mark Hoppus bass?... :eyebrow:

I've actually toyed around with the idea of talking to Roger about something of the sort, since I like the J bodies and dig the precision sound.

The Fender model is ok, but doesn't quite do it for me.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think it would be a PJ but you should ask Roger about his plans for adding options to the Metro line. :)
  8. a "mark hoppis" style one would be cool, but iw as hoping for just a straight up P Bass. P neck, pickups and body.
  9. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I believe I saw mention that Roger was considerring coming out with a PJ but it was going to be with a P body though on the Metro line. I'm hoping something is unveiled at NAAM this January while I'm there.
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No P-Bass as of now and you can't get a custom Metro. That's what makes the Metro's inexpensive, less features. If you stray from those features, you're looking at a Brooklyn built bass which is going to run you more.

AFAIK there are plans to eventually do some sort of Metro with a P-pickup, however this may take some time.

I just hope a 1-5/8" nut width becomes an option soon.