1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does Sadowsky.....?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Make a metro P-bass or is it only Jazz basses that come in the metro series. if not would they be able to build a metro P or would it wind up costing the same about as a NYC since it would be like a custom job? thanks

2. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    To my knowledge, there is currently no P Metro. Anything that is different from the Meto offerings would necessarily be made as an NYC.

3. There has been discussion here on TB about the possibility of a forthcoming Metro with a P pickup. Just a rumour maybe? Nino and Major Metal may know more.

4. Im sure Nino could build you one. Celinder also makes a version that is supposedly amazing... the Update model that is meant to cop the 70's funky P Bass thing in an ultra high quality package.... it's priced about the same or maybe a little less than the Sadowsky NYC models.

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thier is currently no P body Metro bass although the NYC shop does does build them. I recall Roger telling me that a P or PJ would be the next addition to the Metro line but i believe he ment on a J body.

6. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Does that mean, if it was a P, it'd be like a Fender Mark Hoppus bass?... :eyebrow:

I've actually toyed around with the idea of talking to Roger about something of the sort, since I like the J bodies and dig the precision sound.

The Fender model is ok, but doesn't quite do it for me.

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think it would be a PJ but you should ask Roger about his plans for adding options to the Metro line. :)

8. a "mark hoppis" style one would be cool, but iw as hoping for just a straight up P Bass. P neck, pickups and body.

9. I believe I saw mention that Roger was considerring coming out with a PJ but it was going to be with a P body though on the Metro line. I'm hoping something is unveiled at NAAM this January while I'm there.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No P-Bass as of now and you can't get a custom Metro. That's what makes the Metro's inexpensive, less features. If you stray from those features, you're looking at a Brooklyn built bass which is going to run you more.

AFAIK there are plans to eventually do some sort of Metro with a P-pickup, however this may take some time.

I just hope a 1-5/8" nut width becomes an option soon.