Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does The MXR Bass Octave Track Lower/Better Than The Boss OC-2?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cantstandsya, Dec 8, 2002.

1. I can't say..but I can say that th EH octave multiplexer tracks WAAAYYYY better than the Boss and most other octave pedals I've heard(hav'nt heard the MXR)..the EH will track pretty low(mines different on different basses) and up high it's very fast...and about the same price..

2. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I have an OC2 and it's OK. I use it live and have in the studio and it does the job. I'm sure you can buy better but it does the job and doesn't cost much which must be a plus.

3. check out ebs octabass if possible. they claim that it`s fastest octaver ever made. I`ve tried boss and mxr also and like that ebs is the best of them.

4. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    I just got an OC2, believe me it's every bit as good as the OCTABASS and way cheaper.
    The OCTABASS did'nt track any faster!
    :eek:

5. wrong.

-Longtime OC-2 owner.

6. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    mad subwoofer, were you in bassplayer for the working stiffs? either way, do you ever get south? I live in lancaster PA, and I would love to hear a good dub band live. I am also interested on how you get all the delay to line up. Wizzard sound man? or every body really good with thier speed knobs?

7. Yeah, that was me; thanks for your interest. I can give you some of the details if you felt like emailing me? We have tried to pull off that dub-wise sound from the stage as much as possible. We lucked into a hip sound guy just a little while ago and have been working with him as well. You can check out some of our older material at that web link of mine.
    I used to use my EBS octaver allot but my sound has gotten so deep lately I just haven't felt the need. I have more fun with my cheap-ass DOD FX25 set for dub ala' Laswell as well as my DBX 120XP but that's more subtle. Folks seem to really dig that old Mutron octaver?? Probably doesn't track too great but apparently the tone is unbeatable; why folks still hang onto their OC-2's as well. The EBS is a little "dry" I guess you could say.