Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does this animal even exist?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Creep, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Ok, I've been kinda thinking that I would like to have a pedalboard that also works as an effects loop. I would like to be able to plug in my pedals so that I can step on one button and have 2 pedals come on (and so forth...). I just don't know if this type of pedalboad exist and if it does where can I get it? :confused: :help:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  3. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    So if I understand, I can use a looper, plug my chorus and my delay in and when i step on say #1 they both come on. Can I the assign #2 to just have my chorus pedal come on w/o the Delay? Also, what if I am using an effect pedal with multiple channels (DL4 and my MM4). Thanks. and sorry if this is dumb, I'm just not very informed on this stuff. :help:

4. Your first example is doable, but the others...

As far as i know, the Line6:s can only be switched by themselves ie not via midi or relays, so - no you can't. You can only turn the whole effect in or out of your signal path.

To do the other thing you ask for you will need a programmable patch bay and midi pedalboard. There are a few different available as someone soon will tell you (not me :) ).

So to answer your questions in short - no, not with a looper pedal, but it can be done!

5. oddity_uk

oddity_uk

Feb 3, 2004
    Edinburgh, UK
    For what you're talking about you only really need a single loop. Basically a Loooper completely removes pedals from your signal path, so if you have it set up

Bass -> Loooper [Chorus -> Delay] -> Amp

then when the Loooper switch is off, the singal goes

Bass -> Loooper -> Amp, leaving your tone unchanged. When the Loooper switch is on, your signal goes

Bass -> Loooper -> Chorus -> Delay -> Amp

If you want the chorus without the delay, simply switch the delay off and vice versa. Course, that won't work if you have more pedals or more complex requirements, it all depends on what options you want. The only way to get complete control of your pedals from one box (that I know of) is to use a MIDI patchbay as mikkejohansson suggested

Hope that helps :)

Steven