Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does this cheaper ampeg compair??~??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Impulsee, Nov 30, 2003.

1. i have 400$ in my savings acount :hyper: but im gonna get a job soon (hopefully) and yeah, christmas is comeing up too. MY dream thing is to have an ampeg SVT-3 pro head, an ampeg 4x10 and an ampeg 1x15 cab with it. That will run me about..1700$. But i saw this one thing on musicians friend. its 1000$ and its a B-R2 head and a 4x10 cab. would this be good?~?/ woudl it be possibly for me to add on a 1x15 cab??~?? or is the b-r2 too weak to handle it. the b-r2 is not as great or anything as an svt-3 pro, but if i dont get a job soon...yeah. what do you guys think??~?/

here is the br-2 link...
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...9261416/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/480192/

2. $400 max.
    $300 max
    Not too sure. But surely much less than a grand.

Those are the average going rates on lightly used pieces. I'm just pointing that out cuz that's a pretty common rig and you should get it if that's what you want. And for less than $1700.

3. i think an svt-3 pro wil cost around 850-900$

- w00t

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    If you are looking for an SVT sound, then you will be disappointed with the B-2R. It is a good amp, but not with a large amount of power. It is also all solid-state so it doesn't sound anything like an SVT.

5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I don't hear much good about the B-2R either. For $1700 you could get get an SVT-810 and an SVT probably.
    I got an Ampeg SVT3, and Ampeg PR-410hlf 4x10 cab for less than that. And the PR-410hlf is $1000 brand new. Get stuff used, I got mine cheap. I don't know if I would get a head used, but a TON of people do though. ;)

6. I agree. Just saw a 3pro for $450 on Ebay from a good seller. Lotsa good Ampeg cabs on the used market.

7. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Used, used, used, used, used, used, used, used, used, used, used, used!

I sold an Ampeg 2-15" cab earlier this year for $125...I had gotten it for FREE after a friend found it abandoned at his rehearsal space. I also picked up an Ampeg 2-12" or $75 :eek: and sold it for $100.

The Ampeg deals are out there, keep sniffing around.

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I got a mint SVT-3 pro that spent it's whole life in a rack for $350...

9. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I got a new SVT-CL and a used 410HLF for $1575.

10. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    The B2R sounds good but has no power. The 410 that comes with the B2R package is not as good as ampeg's other cabs, so I wouldn't get it.