Does this define...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Liam Wald, May 18, 2012.

1. Liam Wald

Liam Wald Supporting Member

May 17, 2011
    California Coast
    ... impulsive behavior?

Two weeks ago I was going along all fat dumb and happy. Loved my gear. No worries.

Then for some odd reason that I really can't remember, I thought, "I should check out mini amps". Innocent enough right.

Before I really knew why, I was all hot to get a GK MB500. So I did.
    After playing through it for a few days I am quite pleased with it.
    So do I just be happy and enjoy? Of course not.
    So now I just ordered a GK MB 800 to have along with the MB500. Only makes sense since I always take a back up amp to gigs anyway right. And the two combined weigh 50 lbs less than my other two amps combined. And the MB's sound great and have a more than enough of power! So why not?

I am not complaining. I am happy with what I have done. It just really somehow amazes me that I should find myself with a totally different mindset about amps in only two weeks of minimal research.
    Big shift/little time. Is that impulsive behavior?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Maybe, but if you're happy, that's all that matters.

3. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Yes that is a great example of impulsive behavior? You know better than to buy (2) GK MB's. How selfish of you!.....I'll tell ya what.....ya'll send me one of those GK's for safe keeping, and you can go back to being the humble servant ya are

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Getting the MB500 may be the good kind of impulsive.....getting another of what is basically the same thing....well....sell off one of your big amps and that's fine too.

This coming from somebody who has about 11 amps, 5 or 6 of which might work, none of which are micros, who can't let go of anything. I don't really let go of amps, only aquire them.

You...impulsive buyer........me...hoarder.:D

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021