Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does this ever happen to you ?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by icks, Sep 5, 2003.

1. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Ok this was one of our show that took place some week ago. I didn't write a review because this gig sucked ! 15 people were there on the 16 who knew there was a concert ! :mad:

So, in the middle of our performance, a drunk guy came and danced. So far, I'm not impressed. Ican say I'm familiar with drunk guys as a alcohol addict myself.

BUT,

[​IMG]

:spit:

I wasn't prepared to this !!

By the way, that's me in the back with my Fender Pbass MIJ 57' RI made in 82'

2. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    here is a pic of me with my Pbass

[​IMG]

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Is that piss on the floor?:eek:

4. "Clean up on isle P4"

5. Maybe you should have been playing a J rather than a P... :D

6. Smells Like Drunk Spirit, huh???

:D

7. So you would rather have him playing with his wang ;) ?

8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    So how was the gig?

9. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    man im saying is as a long time stage performer(acting singing, the few gigs the whole bit) i dont know if i could have handled that one, i dont know if i would luagh cry or just stop playing and stare...... i would like to think i would have closed my eyes and kept playing... ya i dont think so.

i almost feel bad for the guy

10. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Perfect example of why drummers should never sing.

MIke

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Did you guys keep playing and ignore him?

12. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Apparently your band is a real "PISSER" :D

Thats too damn funny! I hope he got shut off after that!

13. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas

Now that's funny :D :D

14. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    we kept on playing...
    We laught too ...

15. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Pee-funk?:eek:

16. You should be honoured that this happened to you!

That is sooooo funny, it makes for one of those pee-in-your-pants (sorry!) kinda stories you tell your grandchildren!

I think I would've stopped playing and introduced the poor sucker to the crowd.

17. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    that sucked a bit later because the crowed did not come closer... They stayed 10 foot away ...

18. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    ohhh mannnnn... that's terrible!

OK here's the thing, I drink occasionally. Sometimes I have a little, sometimes I have a lot. But my used beer always gets deposited into a loo!

19. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thought I was going to suffer an even worse fate this past Saturday. Got a call to do a pickup gig from this blues guy who calls me from time to time. Grand opening for a motorcycle shop, promises to be an easy, painless bit of cash. Almost there when I feel a rumbling. No problem - get there, find the bathrooom, obtain the key to the bathroom, and... discover that there is no toilet paper. Going to have to come back later... Ahhh... well, the first set was a little touch-and-go (almost literally), but I was able to get my hands on a roll and take care of business. And, as they say... it all worked out in the end!

:D ;)

20. This ties back into the old "What's in your gig-bag" thread nicely... Kind of like a Capitol One commercial, but with something other than a catapult under the chair... ;-}