1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does this exist

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dustinfennessey, Jan 19, 2012.

1. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    Ok is there a pedal/box that you can basically have to "channels" on your effects? What I mean is I have two sounds I use: One is EHX Freeze + MXR Carbon Copy + T-Rex Sweeper. The other is just a Darkglass B7K. As you can imagine thats a ton of footwork to get from one sound do the other.

I'm just wondering if there is some pedal/box that you can have channel A which would activate all the pedals on my first sound and then channel B that would activate sound two (while deactivating the pedals on sound 1).

Ideas?

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    What you want is called a "loop switcher" and they're available from several different makers.

3. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Loop-master, badger schism, etc.

4. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    Ok I'm probably being dumb here, but all of these pedals/loopers I'm looking at have multiple channels but only one input per channel....I would need three inputs on one channel and one for the other...i'm probably missing something here but again any advice would be great

5. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Guitarist in one of my bands uses one of these, it's great, and if it didn't take up so much room (or cost two arms and half a leg) I'd probably have one already.

When Carl Martin decided to create a baby

Lets you create banks of effects so you can turn on subsets of pedals at once.

While I'm mentioning this pedal, I know they're made by east sound, and I think I've seen at least one user on TB with the smaller east sound version of this pedal, but I can't find those anywhere. Anyone know if those are still available or if it was just a prototype/earlier pre-CM version?

6. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    you can put your 3 pedals in one loop, and your single pedal in another, doesnt have to be one pedal per loop

7. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    But how do i get three 1/4 inch jacks into one spot per channel lol

8. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    If you want the channel route you could just run your cable for the channel through multiple pedals. On my board I have a single channel switcher that takes my M9 and HOG out of the loop so they can be switched on/off together.

9. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    Oh wow I think I just figured it out - tell me if I'm finally getting it.

Your guitar goes to one input and the mail output goes to the amp.

I would take the three pedals (Freeze, sweeper, Carbon Copy) and run the first pedals input and the last pedals output to channel one.

Take the B7K and run that input/output to channel 2.

The pedal would then toggle the channels :)

Right?

10. Yools

Yools

Jul 24, 2009
    Deepinaharta, TX
    Like this:

[​IMG]

Here's a link to one made by Loop Master:

2-loop Effect Switcher

-Y

11. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    Thanks so much. So anyone have experience with the best/cost in mind looper?

12. DBCrocky

DBCrocky

Oct 18, 2011
    Cary, NC
    BOSS U.S. - LS-2: Line Selector

Guitar (or tuner or whatever) -> Input
    Channel A Send -> EHX Freeze -> MXR Carbon Copy -> T-Rex Sweeper -> Channel A Return
    Channel B Send -> Darkglazz B7K -> Channel B Return
    Output -> Amp (or whatever...)

If you only want these two sounds, select the A-B mode.
    If you also want the option of no effects, select the A-B-Bypass Mode. (Am I allow to say that here? LOL)

Problem solved, nice and cheap.

13. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    thank you guys so much

14. pantherairsoft

pantherairsoft

Apr 22, 2009
    Derby, UK
    Boss LS-2 for the win. Tons of options to jump between loop 1 or 2, of to blend both together, or to adjust volume of each loop etc erc. It's the Swiss army knife I pedals and everyone show have one :)

15. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    Just ordered :)