Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

does this fender jazz look legit?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fliptrique, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    it`s supposed to be a mid `70 MIA neck and mid `80 MIJ body.

besides the laquer on the neck (should be an easy fix) it looks preety decent considering it`s age, and is dirt cheap.

fake or not?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. narcopolo

narcopolo

Sep 12, 2005
    richmond, va
    as a general rule, buying outside the US can lead to problems.

3. LOL, he's from Poland....
    And I don't know why, as all TBers who made deals with people not from USA had no problems.....

4. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    As the seller admitted to it being pretty much a parts bass (MIJ body from the 80s, neck from the 70s), I'd say it may very well be legit. Do you know the neck's serial number? What about the pickups? Are they also MIJ?

5. I don't think Paypal will insure the item from that country, but check their list....

Check escrow.com for their rules also...

6. narcopolo

narcopolo

Sep 12, 2005
    richmond, va
    a guy that works at my studio just got ripped off really bad buying international, so i'm of the opinion that caution is for the best.
    i didn't realize he was also from poland, though. but yeah, the bass looks pretty legit for what it claims to be.

7. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Neck definitely looks legit to me though with all that finish wear I'd want to know about the frets...

8. I was not bashing you for Poland....
    And I can understand easily the point of view for international...Just have to take a lot of care before doing the deal...

9. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    ok,

thanks guys. I`m going to check it out - should be a nice project bass I can toy with. I`m not worried about the frets, since it probably will end as being a fretless anyway.