Does this look legit?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Feb 10, 2005.

I know about secret shopping, but this site gives me creepy "free ipod"-esque vibes. But if this is legit, it's a great deal.

What do you think?
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I didn't bother to look, I'll trust your vibes.

If you are looking to become a mystery shopper, send me a PM. I work with a national company. It didn't cost me a dime to sign up, and you get paid to shop. Most shops average $10. You can't make a living on it, but it's nice to get a check for $50-60 every month.

3. Ok, after further inspection on the site, it IS just like the free ipod thing. Don't bother with it, though signing up for 30 bucks worth of stuff does sound tempting when theres a $1000 gift card in return.

MJ, I'll send you a pm.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Things like this never convince me. If it seems too good to be true, it almost always is.
  5. demento

Mar 5, 2003
    Adrian, MI
    I'm betting it's more than a hassle than its worth before getting those gift cards and money
  6. Not sure of the website, but secret shopping is legit. Store managers pay you to find out things about their store -- clerk friendliness, etc. It has to be undercover so that everything is candid.

EDIT: In the website's case, it appears as if the review you write about a store will be used as material in some sort of nation-wide store review.