Does this pedal suck?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FatFunker, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Please give your feed back on this pedal. The price seems to good to be true ($130.00).
  2. It's fine.
    I had a BP-8 for a year. A million good sounds in that pedal. but I discovered with experience over time that all the Digital/Modeling stuff just isn't for me.
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

All the way with what Donne says, especially with the digital modeling for bass. Maybe they'll get it right someday.

But, if you don't have the funds for a row of effect-dedicated pedals, the BP8 in one of the better multi-effect, all in one, units on the market, IMO.
  4. I think I´ll got one of those some day.. :D
  5. ive said it before and ill say it again: DO NOT BUY MULTI-EFFECT UNITS. Seriously, they might be ok to just test out what effects you want and ones you dont and it also may seem like the greatest thing in the world at first but you will grow to despise it. They kill your tone, they make so much noise, and the effects themselves are definetly sub-par. How can we really be expected to believe that you can get 40 different QUALITY effects and a million other features for about the cost of maybe one decent effect unit. If you are absolutely new to effects then go ahead and get it but i guarentee it will be gone once you realize what effects you really like...
  6. Imho digital multi-FX pedals are nice as an addition to your analogue pedal(s)..

Anyway.. FatFunker : you might also want to check out the Korg AX1B ( $ 115 ).. i have one, and it has very decent sound.
  7. IMO, multi effects don't suck. It's those compact pedal boards that do the sucking, like the one you posted. Along with the Zoom trash (506, 708) and the Korg AX1B. They just have too little controls to select patches decently. You only got up/down control.

I have two rack mount multi effects units (I use one at a time) with a separate midi foot controller, but of course it cost me much more bux than $130 for a two-switch multi board.
  8. i must say that i did kind of make my last post a little vague. I think there is quite a bit of very good multi-effect RACK units and there are a select few multieffect boards that work rather well. What doesnt work well is all of the cheap plastic zoom/digitech "modelers" that sound so fake in comparison to any other singe effect pedal or rack unit
  9. The Digitech guitar multi-effect processor is very good, never heard the bass one though.
    In my opinion Digitech are MUCH better than Zoom, I think Zoom pedals feel very cheap, they weigh about half a kilo, the Digitech is constructed very well and is like a brick.
  10. The Zoom stuff gives you good bang for your buck, but at an incredibly low price, and one can't expect to get quality effects. There's no such thing as a free lunch. OTOH, a brand like Zoom competes with the medium-market-level brands (Digitech, Boss) and lowers their prices a bit. High end brands (TC electronic, Lexicon) don't let themselves be influenced, of course. They deal with people who don't care about the cost.

My 2 cents.