1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does this pickup exist?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by henryjurstin13, Dec 28, 2006.

1. I have a Hwy One Jazz bass with 2 single coils, normal J pups. I want to put something in it aggressive like gibson humbuckers. I do NOT want to do any routing in the body.

Is there a bass humbucker that will have the amount of output that I am talking about -- yet, is still in a single coil format?

I know about stacked coils & split coils for hum reduction, but I want something that is gonna be hot & loud like my Epiphone Explorer. Or a have the tone/output of a Thunderbird IV.

Nothing active. Passive only. Single coil size only. Does it exist?

thanks. jh

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Without actually getting the thunderbird pickups, you won't come that close. That said, I love DiMarzio Model J's.

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I Am under the impression that stacked J bass pickups will give you A good Amount of that sound.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The old OBL pickups (bottom right) had this kind of gnarl.
    They might be a bit hard to find though.
    BL_obl.

5. Taurus

Taurus

Feb 2, 2001
    DiMarzio model j's. Priced cheap too!.

6. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Those Delanos with big poles.

7. Dimarzio Model Js are lovley and aggressive :D

8. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    +1 get them get them Sam I am, they sound like a charging rhino man.

Ok that was lame.

But do a search for Dimarzio Model and you'll pull up some good stuff. Right up your alley methinks.