1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does this preamp exist?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Hello all!
    I don't really do a grat deal of research on preamps, but i was looking for a preamp with two requirements.
    I want a parametric EQ and i want it to have an effect loop...

i know I might be asking the impossible, but hey, at least i am not asking for a 850 watt poweramp for a hundred bucks and weighs 1 pound :)

maybe i am just looking for a parametric EQ with an effect loop? if there is one, let me now :)

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    How many bands of parametric do you want? The Demeter has two. Would semi-parametric work? If you can live with semi, there are a ton of options out there, starting with the Navigator.

3. semi- might work...especially after looking at the price of that demeter :)

to be honest, i was kinda looking for something like this, only with an effect loop :)

4. Yamaha PB-1 has both parametric eq & effects loop + other stuff as well. I had one a loooooooooong time ago. Hasn't been made for about 20 years but they do pop up on ebay from time to time.

5. thanks for the tip :)

6. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    I love when people don't specify a price. Glockenklang Bass Art Classic pre has 2 adjustable bands in addition to your std. bass and treble, and it's got an effects loop which I believe is also line/instrument level switchable. You can also blend the wet/dry signal. And everything Glock makes sounds pure and glorious!

7. i'm not concerned about price, but i am a big fan of things that don't cost a lot :)

8. Find a used SWR Grand Prix. Best preamp they ever made. It's got two bands of parametric e.q for low-mid and high-mid, and then typical bass and treble controls, effects loop, all kinds of goodies. I wish they'd start making these again, because I'd like to have a second one in my rack - one for my fretted basses and one for my fretless.

9. 2nd the Yamah PB-1, I've had one since they were new and it's very good, and sounds good as well....many outputs, switchable ground, XLR out, effects loop with gain for in and out, bi-amp ready with movable x-over points and gains for each, built pretty rugged, I consider it the first grownup modular pre, and one of the best ever since...no, you can't buy mine.

10. +1 for the Grand Prix - I used to have one and loved it, but had to sell it to pay a medical bill (very sad indeed). They are great pre's, IF you can find one.

11. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    ya beat me to it.