Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does this really work???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChRiS bE, May 26, 2002.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=877264454

Switchable Fingerbords........

Well i have never seen it... sounds like a Wicked idea but i am sure there must problems with that kinda thing (lets face it if it was really good there would be a lot more basses with it)

Let me know what you think.....Thanx

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    One of my first posts on here was talking about if You could have one feature on a bass what would it be and mine was to have switchable fingerboards... I think this guy stole my idea :)... i don't know how good it works though

3. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I've never used one, but I remember there was talk about them before and the fact that there were problems with the magnet system holding and also neck bending/warping due to the fact that so much of it had to be removed in order to put the actual magnet assembly in it. Maybe it works on the graphite neck.

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Perhaps if someone would do fretboard with few machine screws instead of magnets? It's not like you'd be switching your fretboards every day..

But then again I wonder how the trussrod would function.

5. if you like some way had brass inserts in the fingerboard and neck it wouldnt be a problem

6. if i buy the neck bring it in to shop and have liek brass inserts put in the neck and the finger board do the screws would go in to them. would it work better .i mean the one on ebay.

7. Geez Ben, since you really don't know anything about this system, why are you already thinking about changing it?? Just go to the Novatone website and hunt around a little. I'm sure you'll come up with your answers.

8. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Over 10 years ago a company called Novatone switchboards offered this.at the time a few of my friends were endorsers and found that the system really wasnt a practical Idea,and the co. really wasnt a good co.to deal with,the co.folded in less than two years.