Does this seem like a fair deal to you?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jiant., Aug 10, 2005.

1. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    So now that I've got good gear and I'm going to college, I'm selling all my old gear to a friend's friend. I'm selling him a Jay Turser JTB-440 bass with straplocks and a gig bag, in used condition, a Behringer 300w head, it only has one screw holding it into it's carpeted case and an X-Audio 2x10" cab. I'm asking $175 for all of this, since some of it is in pretty bad cosmetic condition, but it all works. Do you think that this is a good deal for him? On the other hand do you think I'm screwing myself in this deal?
  2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    ok.. I googled the stuff you're selling.

brand new:

Jay Turser Bass ~ $250
    Berh 300w head (I assume it's the BXT3000) ~ $200
    X-Audio 2x10" ~ $100

$550 total.

Given that they are all in "well-loved" condition, you'd be lucky to get $125 for the Bass, and probably nothing for the Head, that leaves the Cab at $75.

So it sounds liek a fair deal to me, on both sides.
  3. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    OK, thanks, I told him what I was looking to get out of the deal and he already said that he wants it and was going to bring the cash by my house, but I told him that I want to bring the stuff to his house early next week and let him try it for himself so he can see exactly what condition the stuff is in and so there's no bad blood between any of us or anything like that.