1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does this seem reasonable?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by crispygoat, Nov 28, 2010.

1. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    If all goes well, I plan on building a bass from parts this summer. My idea is to make a PJ with a Jazz body and neck. I would like to have a '62 P bass pickup in the neck position, and a '70s Jazz bass pickup in the bridge position, located in the 70s position. I would also want to have a Badass bridge and a pick up cover over the P bass pickup. Now, I know Warmoth could build this body, but does it sound reasonable, or am I just trying to do too much? I would also like to have a pre-amp in the bass.

On another note, what kind of pickups would you suggest? Pre Amp? Also, would I have to use a Pbass pickup cover or Jazz bass?

Thank you,

2. If warmoth can make it....Go for it!
    Go Passive and use a p bass cover on it! It would look awesome!

3. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Those are pretty basic things that warmoth can and does do (aside from the pickup cover, thats probably on you). They offer the different pickup size routes and the 70s spacing as basic options as well as the badass bridge.

4. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Just to note...

To change the standard postion from a 60's postion to the 70's postion is custom route (I'm just about postive on this for the P-Js) I know it is for a standard Jazz. (Its $50 charge)

So I would give them a call and confirm.

Cheers

5. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Sounds to me like Warmoth is fully capable to do this, give them a call.