Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

does this sound like a good idea?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, May 29, 2004.

1. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i need an amp fast.

800 GK head now

1x15 GK RBX now (whatever their middle of the road line is)

then later when i save some cash up get a 2x12 RBH (high end line) to go with it.

will this combo work? too many cabs for the amp?

oh yeah i'm set on GK so don't suggest any other brands please :)

2. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    oh come people!!!!!! i won't do anything without the approval of this board ;)

will a GK 800rb, GK 2x10 RBH, and a GK 1x15 RBX all work together?

i don't know anything about rigs. i don't want to get it and find out that the bi-watt transmodifer doesn't work with 100 jigawatt cabs. :help:

3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    what is the impedance of the head and the cabs?

4. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    this is exactly what i'm talking about. i don't know what impedance means. i've been playing out of a old 15 peavey combo for 13 years (granted i mafde it sound pretty good ;) )

new GK 800RB amp
    new GK RBX 1x15
    new GK RBH 2x10

will all these work together? i don't see why they wouldn't just want to make sure i'm not missing anything. any issues with this set-up?

5. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, they'll work together. No issues.

6. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    when I said impedance I meant how many ohms are the cabs and head? They should sound good together because you have a pretty punchy 2x10 and a deep 1x15 for your lowend.

7. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    the only problem i'd see is that the rbh cabs are more designed for the 700rb, 1001rb and 2001rb heads in that they're biampable cabs with the 4 conductor speakon cable, but then again, so are their new sbx series (although if i recall correctly those are sealed cabs, so they're somewhat different from the rbh). i don't know if they still make the rbs cabs. all you need to know about impedence with the gk 800rb is that it has 2 amps- a 300 watt into 4ohm (2 8 ohm or 1 4 ohm cabinet) and a 100 watt into 8 ohm amp. with the setup you're proposing, you likely won't use the 100 watt amp. as for not doing anything without the approval of this board ... :meh: