Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

does this sound like an appropriate rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dethrock, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Hey im new to this forum although ive read it on and off for a while now...

Im currently playing with a 200 watt torque amp in a sludge/doom metal band. The guitarists are using Marshalls (JCM800 and a dual super lead) and things are getting crazy loud. Its great fun but im getting killed volume wise.

im looking to upgrade and im thinking about a GBE600 with a 212 which will do 425 watts at 4 ohms. is this going to cut through... i could always get another 212 to use the full 625 watts... i do like the idea of a 2ohm rig :)

any thoughts? or suggestions i live in Australia where gear is kinda pricey so i cant afford to go too high end....

thanks

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    425 at 4 ohms should be pretty good, 625 thru 4 twelves should be plenty. i have zero experience with GBE so i can only hope that they rate their wattage fairly.......... :confused:

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    try 2x12's, and 4x10's...

that should cut well, and have tons of fat-ass bottom.

4. Cool thanks, if anything i think GB rate their amps pretty conservatively.

I have an 8ohm 410 i can borrow so ill probably use that with the 212 for bigger shows.

With a 4ohm 212 and 8ohm 410 thatd be 2.6 ohm? so the gb should be close to its full 625 watts i figure....:hyper: