Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does UPS Deliver on Saturdays?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rllefebv, Feb 21, 2004.

1. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Okay...

I've been tracking the progress of my new, (to me that is :) ), Fender Jazz V, and it arrived and departed from Portland early this morning... (Side Note: Does anyone else find their lives dominated by 'Track-a-Package' technology when awaiting a shipment?? :D )... This would indicate a delivery to my door today, but I can't recall ever receiving a weekend delivery... Please put me out of my misery...

-robert

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    yep, they do....not everywhere though.....what does it show for delivery date? if it says today, then you'll get it today......i also am currently being governed by the track a package feature on UPS......i love watching the package travel across the USA, and the interesting towns it stops in.

-Mike

3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I know that UPS makes commercial deliveries on Saturdays, but I'm not sure about residential deliveries.

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    AFAIK, only business and next day air packages that were sent on Friday make it on Saturday. :meh:

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have received a UPS package on Saturday before. Didn't cost me extra either.

Check the "scheduled delivery", that will tell you right there.

-Mike

6. UPS doesn't deliver ground on Weekends unless they make an exception. Thats because Air drivers cannot handle ground packages.