Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does UPS do packing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by somethingshort, Oct 3, 2003.

1. somethingshort

somethingshort

Aug 22, 2003
    I've been wanting to sell my acoustic guitar on ebay for some time now but I just dont know how I will go about getting it shipped, I would ASSUME UPS would package it but I haven't ever really checked into it. If anyone has any suggestions on shipping this darn thing I would be very grateful!

2. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    There is a ups store right near my office that I have shipped numerous things through. They charge you a hefty fee but they will package and ship just about anything.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Sometimes it can be a good idea to have UPS do the packing for you. I ship acoustics regularly at work, and always pay to have UPS pack it. If anything happens to the guitar, they can't say it was "improperly packed", which is what they'll do if you pack it yourself. Insured shipping and packing on $5000 acoustic in a hardshell usually runs about $30-$35 in the continental U.S. If you can, get a guitar box from a local music store. That will be MUCH cheaper than using a UPS box.