Does your favorite station have an Internet link?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Mar 8, 2004.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I Love WCBN-FM in Ann Arbor. A terrific "free-form" radio station where almost anything goes. It isn't listenable by radio-tuner outside the city limits so I use the internet feed. You have to load their "quick time" to listen in.

Do you TB'ers have a favorite station that you listen to like this?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

I recently discovered the joys of net radio, not having a car in boston, and no radio in my room, it's great to listen to so much new music.
    iTunes has some great jazz stations in the default listings, also iTunes has the KCRW simulcast available. So that's nice, my most-used app can double as a KCRW fix :)
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Hippest station in the world - you're unlikely to hear anything they play on commercial radio.
  7. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun

Out of San Mateo, serving the San Francisco Bay Area. Mostly straight up jazz. Good stuff. You can stream them in multiple formats.
  8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Y'know already here we have 1/2 a dozen radio stations to listen to when weget sick of the "local" commercial stations. Which for me takes about 3 minutes.

Thanks You guys!
  9. whiteshadow

Jul 3, 2001

Good feed, and awesome music. One of the few non-corporate stations in the central-ohio region. Since I live in Arkansas now, and the stations suck down here, I spend some quality time w/ CD101 on the computer.