1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Doesn't our government have ANYTHING better to do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Armueller2001, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Why the hell are they spending so much time and money on investigations into baseball steroid use? WHO CARES! ITS A GAME! Isn't it the MLB's responsibility, not the freaking federal government?? You know, theres just murders, violent crime, drug trafficking, but they're worried about a child's game. Real good allocation of resources there, feds.

2. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    +1
    No one cares about baseball!

3. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    you're right...violence, crime, murders, we shoudl be workign on handgun and automatic weapons bans :p

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    shouldn't you be practicing your bass?

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I have to say I'm curious about this as well. As a long time baseball fan, I have no idea why this is an issue being dealt with by congress.

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
  7. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

It should be mandatory for all pro athletes to use steroids and be as freakishly large as possible!

8. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I guess you missed the "no politics in OT" rule thats been in place for a year or so.

9. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    It's because everyone in America only gives a damn about other people's lives and the scandals or drama they've got going on. God forbid you worry about your own lives instead...

</sad, but true stereotype for 95% of the world's population>

10. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

Why is this just America? This stereotype is about people in general, and spans the world.

11. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Halafreakinglula!

And even if you don't allow steroids there isn't anything unnatural about Human Growth Hormone. Heck, its got "human" in its name doesn't it?

12. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    I chose America because I live in America and am familiar with American culture. Plus the OP was complaining about things happening in America. I can change it to World if that will make you feel better.

13. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Well, you already mentioned the problem, its a child's game, so i dont think children should think that substance that destroys your kidneys and liver are cool.

14. MyUsernameHere

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    By the tone of your post I'll assume you're pro-murder, violent crime and drug trafficking. For shame.:scowl:;)

15. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    No, no change needed. I was just sayin'...;)

16. MyUsernameHere

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Don't get me wrong, I love FL but the freak show down there isn't "American" culture anymore than the freak show in Berkley CA is "American" culture.

That said, I don't disagree with the point you're making.

17. synapsefull

synapsefull

Jul 12, 2006
    US government has grown to a size that is totally unnecessary. Sport organizations should deal with anything like this.

18. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    I'm not an expert economist, but I would say the government is putting quite a bit of time and effort into it because professional sports are a big part of our economy... and something like this will affect it.

19. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    BUT.... I wouldn't care if all athletes did as many steroids as they want. More entertaining!

20. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    I already changed it...:ninja:

I haven't been in Florida all my life, lol. But I do get what you're saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.