1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dog defiles pedal board. Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AxtoOx, Mar 5, 2008.

1. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    OK, so the large doberman decides to "christen" my pedal board, a Furman. I now have and MXR Flanger that won't do anything. An MXR Distortion III that squeals, an MXR Phase 90 that isn't quite sure what to do.
    Any way to clean them? Does anyone know if Dunlap will fix them, "at a cost of course."
    Anyone know how to wire the board so if he doe's it again, he get's shocked where it counts?

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Open them up and fill them with contact cleaner.

You might be looking at having to replace them all though.

3. Wow, that really sucks. I don't know how to help you, but the story reminds me of a party we played. We went on break and some guy went up to the mic to do his Rodney Dangerfield impression. The whole time he was doing it he was spilling beer on our guitarist's pedal board.

4. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    Remove battery. Soak in clean water. Let dry for a couple of days, preferably in a warm place.

Usually works like a charm with mobiles. Effect pedals shouldn't be much different.

5. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Use Purified water! Don't use tap water!

When I used to play outdoor paintball, we would play in the rain, with electronic markers. The things would lock up and go all haywire, So we'd fill the grip with contact cleaner, drain it and let it dry, then soak it purified water and let dry for a couple of days in warm dry area. Should work for you, but no guarantees.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    He did it because your Snarling Dog wah was moving in on his hood.

7. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i laughed for like 10 minutes at the original post. ide say best bet is to maybe take the pedals apart and dry them with a blow dryer...

8. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    noooo!

when you blowdry without cleaning it they will smell of urine.

that sounds funny.....

9. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    Kill dog, immediately burn carcass.:mad:

10. Lon86

Lon86

Jan 21, 2008
    Venice, CA
    Like my favorite underwear...?!?!?!:)

Yessss!!!!!!!

11. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    My dog mistook my Warwick for a tree. All new electronics, and soon to be a new bridge. Hope yours turns out cheaper.

12. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I've done this with a mobile phone too - although it was an easily-disassemblable one. I took it to bits, laid the bits on a radiator and within an afternoon it was good as new.

I'd actually set the alarm on it and when it woke me up I was still half-asleep trying to turn it on and dropped it in a pint of stale beer. It was funny listening to it trying to bleep through the beer though, it did those Hollywood-electronics-soaked-in-beer noises. I never knew the movies were so realistic. :)

13. the_fonz

the_fonz

Nov 27, 2006
    Kane, PA
    dude
    eww
    just eww

i would never use those pedals ever again
    clean them, sell them
    too much stigma

14. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Music critics...geez. What's yer dog know, anyhow?

15. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    Get larger dog or maybe several and attach to pedal board.

This will discourage visiting dogs, wishing to mark their territory.

16. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Well, to tell the truth, I seldom use effects (like never) on Bass, I used these for guitar mostly.

Well with the 2 of them around, and they are house dogs. I don't worry much about people coming over to "barrow" my stuff while I'm out.