Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dog hair and rugged cabinets - what do you do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bman, Aug 17, 2003.

1. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    I bought a GK 400RB 210 combo yesterday.
    When I brought it in, it was all purty.

I have two German Shepherds.
    I was carrying the amp from one room to another, and one of my dogs brushed against it. Dog hair all over it. (I pulled it all off right away, but it's really hard to stay ahead of.)

The rug on the outside of the amp attracts the dog hair like a lint brush, and makes it look awful.

Anyone got any tips for keeping the amp somewhat dog hair free? (Other than getting rid of the dogs?)
    I suppose I could just lint brush it every so often.
    Damn dogs. Good thing they're well-behaved. And Bruins fans.

2. I dont know about hair repellents, but I have the same problem, and my remedy is one of those lint rollers with the sticky paper on it.

3. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I always have a roll or two of duct tape around.

I make a ring out of about a 8 to 10" strip of d.t. with the sticky side out, stick my hand through it, and pat the cab carpet with it.

Works pretty good for me. I guess masking tape would probably work too.

Saw a Marine using this one time as a lint remover for his uniform and a little light went on inside my head.

Semper Fi.

4. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    I bought my combo used and the previous owner had dog. My mom made me vacumm it when i bought it home. It still had some dog hairs on it but it's less noticable. The lint roller sounds like a good idea.

5. Play loud and proud and show you own some dogs! That is until you have to sell the cab. :cool: Or vacuuming the cab off works pretty good, too.

6. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I've tried everything mentioned, but for me there's only one solution - covers. Of course, the dog hair gets on the covers, but it beats showing up with an amp that looks like it's from a vet's office.

This company will make a cover for anything:

www.tukicovers.com