Dog Person? Cat Person?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lemonadeisgood, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Dog

37 vote(s)
  2. Cat

32 vote(s)
  1. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Its definatly dog's for me. Man's best friend.
  2. Hamster, stick insect and tarantula person!

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    oh, and everyone knows that cats are bassists best friends :)
  4. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    You are so right, Dave.

But my cat hates my bass. :(
  5. I swing both ways.:D

Rock on
  6. my dog hates my bass.......

oh well :(

i'm still a dog person though :D
  7. bass_kitten

bass_kitten Guest

Nov 25, 2001
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I truly hate cats! They're good for one thing only: To toss to my pit bull as a treat, when he does a neat trick.

Just kidding about the last part, but I do hate cats. It has more to do with most cat owners than the animals themselves. I have a black lab.
  9. Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    dog person myself...i have a bassethound puppy
  10. Cats defiantly...

I've had a bad history with dogs twice when I was younger I was mauled by dogs. Once by a little rat dog when I was about five he tore up my leg and once when I was about seven by a big dog (a rotwhieler *sp?) which was a bit more severe. And one day when it was autumn, I was ten; I was running home from school through the desert to avoid getting beaten up. I guess I wasn't looking and I tripped and fell over something, ofcourse on the ground rebounding after the fall I felt this weird tickling feeling all over my leg. I Looked to see what I fell over and discovered I had tripped over a big rotting dog's corpse, my foot had broken into it's body cavity and there was a huge birth of maggots inside and they had started to crawl up my leg. I didn’t sleep for days and that image still traumatizes me, just thinking of the look of the dead dog’s face and its belly full of worms makes my skin crawl. So you can see why I don't like dogs.
  11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Good lord! And you're disturbed by the image of a cigar puffing rodent in a van?!:D
  12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Three (soon to be four) Greyhounds...
  13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    HEY NOW!!! We're a 2 cat family, and now you've insulted both my "children" and me!!! :p

Besides, I bet one of my boys'd kick yer lab's butt in a fight, he's a tough bastid! ;) :D

For the record, I love both cats & dogs, but I stick with cats for several reasons. Being a musician with a whacked out schedule makes them a better choice for companionship, dogs require regular constant attention, which is difficult for me to give.

I still shed real tears when I think about my last dog, Ripley. He was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and was an amazing friend. He passed at the age of 7 from lymphosarcoma (cancer in his lymph nodes) :( My sister-in-law has a black lab/pit bull mix, she's great, a real sweetheart, so I get my "dog fix" pretty regularly.
  14. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Dogs for me - I've got two Jack Russells.
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Cat person. For sure. I like cats because they MAKE you earn their affection. It's not that blind "Oh! He's petting me! Oh boy!" affection dogs seem to posses. Cats are also less messy in the house training department.

And I'd just die if something happened to my cat, Thor. Who, although an alley cat, does a dead on impression of a Russian Blue so well, a few vets have been fooled untill we tell them. He's the nicest cat I've ever met. Not to mention I'm his favorite human....:D
  16. Cats for me - we got three of them!!!
  17. red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    i have two cats, one really fat one, answers to the names, slobbodan milosevic, fat tony and bubbles and one we skinny runt called muffy.

muffy tries to bite me when i play the guitar
    i think that it telling us somehting that muffy liks bass the best
  18. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Dogs, though they are much more of a commitment.