1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

'Dog the Bounty Hunter' shot at in Colo. Springs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Gress, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Yay! My town is famous!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/bounty_hunter

:hyper:
    Were a vicious lot you see!

2. WRXbase

WRXbase

Jan 14, 2009
    Clayton, NC
    Someone shot at a bail bondsman?! :p

3. Larz48

Larz48

Aug 18, 2007
    P.A.
    That guy is an idiot. He'd get shot in the head and it would probably bounce off. Cement head. ughhhhh.

4. He dresses like a clown & acts like one too... I guess his showing off finally got him a real bad-boy for a change, opposed to all of the ones that immediately fold and give up. Sorry Duane, not everyone reads the script then make their marks when they are supposed to.

5. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    I have seen one or two of that Dog the Bounty Hunter thing....

I think him, his missus and his cronies are a bunch of idiots.

They dress like clowns and pass judgement on drug users (who are essentially victims of circumstances) without any qualifications to do so. That dog has an ego the size of Heathrow Airport and a world view as sophisticated as the average 12 year old.

Just my opinion!!!

:)

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Doesn't matter how you dress. He's a Bail Bondsman/Bounty Hunter. If you bail on him he loses his money. Not sure how you figure he's 'passing judgement'! And how are they victims of circumstances? They choose to do what they do. They are criminals! What? Should Dog let all these idiots bounce and never pay the money back? :scowl:

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I think Dog has qualifications to pass judgement on the people he catches, just not a degree from a university to say so. He's been there, lived that criminal life, and turned himself around. He's been a bondsman long enough to know the criminals he chases after. He could easily just throw the criminal in the back of his SUV, drop them off at the police station, and be done with it.

I always thought it was neat how he talked with the person on the way to the police station to try and help them turn their lives around. He doesn't have to do any of that part.

-Mike

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

On a lighter note, his wife has got to have the biggest 'ta-ta's' I've ever seen on TV!! :)

9. I hope that episode is on TV soon! I think it's a pretty funny show, I mean he's just so ridiculous and cowboy like.

10. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    I like the show, good thing hes brains are still in one piece i guess.

11. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    Why so disrespectful of cowboys!?! :spit:

:p

12. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    he took a paintball gun with him to apprehend an attempted murder suspect - :) - dumbass!

13. I think by paintball gun they mean the pepperball guns they carry. Imagine getting hit by paintballs full of pepper spray! Ouch!

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I have noticed in the last year or so they started packing paintball guns that look just like machine guns and rifles. I figured it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

-Mike

15. Dog is the Oprah of bail bondsman. Suprised his staff don't reach under their seats to find a gift.
    Fishheadjoe

16. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    You say that as if it's a bad thing.

17. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    You say that as if it's a bad thing.

18. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Too bad they missed... Self-righteous pompous bigot that he is.

BTW pepper spray won't always take down someone hopped up on crystal meth or PCP.

19. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    I had forgotten about them....

Glad you reminded me....:D

20. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Better watch out DW, those things are registered and dangerous. :D