1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dogdy Pot?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dudeonthebass, Mar 5, 2010.

1. dudeonthebass

dudeonthebass

Jul 2, 2008
    St.Osyth
    Right, i got 3 brand new CTS 250k pots, to put into my Aria Jazz Bass

I have wire it all up, checked it with my multimeter to check the resistance between solder joints and cables, and it reads zero, so thats okay

My neck volume pot work fine - when i turn it down, there it no sound.

My bridge pickup pot, when volume it turned down, there is sound still coming through

i have resoldered to ground lug, and it is attached to the back of the pot to make sure the ground connection is fine.

I have fingured out that all the grounds are fine, as i took the ground from the neck bridge pot and connected it to the ground lug on the bridge pot, and there is no sound when volume is down

I have tried both pick up on the neck pot, and all work fine. i have also connected the ground to the ground lugs on the bridge pot, and is still quiet as a mouse

Im thinking that the live lug on the pot is dodgy

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020