Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dogs just don't get irony.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Frijoles Negros, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    Just a thought - no need to add.

Im taking a break from the neverending thesis, housesitting and watching their dog, and a puppy that's there for the weekend.

The dog (golden retriever) loves to fetch tennis balls, and is persistent about it. Sometimes, its playful attitude can be annoying when its muzzling a few dirty tennis balls on your lap, insisting that you throw one.
    Sometimes youre just busy writing a paper.

Well, this time, its playful persistence was tempered with the playful persistence of the puppy.

While the retriever was trying to annoy me with tennis balls, the puppy was playing with the retriever by biting its legs and ears. This pissed off the retriever to no end and really cut into its schedule of playful persistence and dirty tennis balls.

I couldnt help but think how the retriever just couldnt piece together how its playful persistence could be similar to the playful persistence of the puppy, constantly nipping at its ears and legs, and pissing the retriever off to no end.

I guess dogs just dont get irony.

2. Its like yelling at someone for talking to much, in a way.

But yeah, how would MY guinea pig like it if I ate HER veggie burger, if she had one.

There, that makes 3 threads I have worked that into somehow. :D

3. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    Cant let food out of your sight when animals are around.

Hot grills dont even stop them. They just pull the steaks right off.

4. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Try rolling a few tennis balls around in cayene (sp?) pepper and then playing fetch.

5. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

That's fine and all... but can your guinea pig push a shopping cart loaded down with dirty tennis balls? :D That make two posts for me with the GPPASC.