1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DOH!!! Ok, so who just got that sweet Acoustic 360 pre-amp on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by greengoblin, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Man, I wanted that thing... Ever since I heard a 361 at a concert in Sandy Lake, PA and talked to George, I've wanted one! I did bid but had to leave work for home.. Got home and missed it by $5 and some change... DOH!

So did a lucky Talk Bass'r get that gem????

2. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    Was it just the preamp or the whole rig? How much did it end up going for?

3. Just a 360 pre-amp... Looked pretty clean in the photos and supposed was used in a studio for the past 15 years. It went for $355.xx + shipping.....

4. bottomend!

bottomend!

Oct 23, 2007
    here
    are you trying to say that you put your max bid in at $360? fitting...

5. haha. I now wish that I would've. My max was $350.. :scowl:

6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I actually picked one up a couple of years ago for a BIN price of $25.00 (the guy had literally just listed it). You read that right. And the best part? It was in EXCELLENT condition - even the pots weren't scratchy.

7. I bought mine for $200 and I am needing to sell it, rent is due, ha.

But whoever snagged it, lucky dude, I would have paid 3 times the amount I did for mine.

8. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    I paid $125 for one several years ago and thought I did well when I sold it for $200. Sheesh no wonder I never got rich.

:crying:

9. bottomend!

bottomend!

Oct 23, 2007
    here
    A friend is restoring my 361 cab and head for me. In the meantime I found another 361 cab so when it's all finished, I'll have the full JPJ 2 cab set up Zeppelin rig! ( hey, can someone give me a hand lifting this stuff.. Guys? hey , guys.. where ya all goin!??)

10. i want one so bad. i wish i would've won that one.

i might just have to settle for a 150b or 220.

11. rad69cam

rad69cam

Aug 31, 2007
    So Cal, USA
    Hey I'm running what I call a poorman's 360/361. 150B head with a 301 cab and I'm loving it. :bassist:

12. i just got a 140 (the successor to the 150b) so i'm pretty happy. It's just gonna be my backup amp, but I wanted something that sounds good, it REALLY reliable and it relatively cheap

13. Ever since I listened to George's 361 almost 2 years ago, I have drooled after one since. I may have to pick up the 371 thats local til I can find a 361...

14. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Used to run a 301 with a 200 watt Marshall Major head. It worked. Well. :eek: