Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Doing my civilian duty

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vorago, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Well, I had to go over to the police office to identify some criminals today...well...I didn't identify them, because they weren't on the pics.

I know you are all eager to hear what happened, allow me to enlighten you :D

A month ago I was packing up for school, when I heard a loud crack/ noise of broken glass on the street. I looked through the window and saw two men, smashing a window and ripping a door, trying to get inside the house across mine. I called the cops (quite nervous to be honnest) and 10 minutes later an intervention squad arrived. Two huge blokes, combat clothing, guns, went in but the burglars were gone. More cops arrived, I had to testify, give signatures etc. Appearantly (from what I heard the cops were saying to eachother) the anti-drug squad was there too, and they found a large bag of drugs (don't know what it was, I'm guessing pot or heroin) ! Pretty scary to know that there are 3 drugdealers (yes 3!) living in your street (about 100 meters). I know of another one living 4 houses away from me, and at the other end of the street lives another one.
    Defenitely some crazy **** going on in my neighbourhood...

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Geez, and you live in Belgium?

I thought that stuff only happened in the good ol' US-of-A. :D

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Stay cool man and be careful with whom you talk to about all this.

The dope trade is everywhere...sadly.

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Well, I can always put out a rap record and write lyrics about "Da Hood" :D Excellent for my street credibility :D

5. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Good man. Always look on the bright side! ;) :D

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    As long as me or my family isn't being threatened with knives or guns, I'm pretty cool with it.

7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I'm being threatened with rap. Aiiieeee.... it's everywhere!

(shoves MRE's and water into the back seat, runs for cover...) :D:D:D

:bag:

8. Yeah do that ! :D ;)

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow, that is pretty scary. I live in a quiet neighborhood, so I'm not sure how I would react if that happened around here.

Did the robbers see you? Do they know you called the police?

-Mike

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    They didn't see me, and they don't know I called the cops. It was more like a hit and run burglary. They were obviously looking for dope, didn't find any and ran off. What I find disturbing is that this happened at 11 am on a sunny day! Obviously this weren't experienced burglars, some gangmembers or something...

The neighbours heard it too, but they didn't testify. The woman who lives on the first floor was at home and heard it (impossible not to hear it), but when the police cam she clamed not to have heard anything. My guess is because she is an illegal immigrant, and the police would have asked ID (which she obviously doesn't have). That entire house is a bit fishy, the renters change every other month, and my guess the houseboss (who owns 4 other houses in our street) is one of those guys who make money on the back of illegal immigrants, who need a place to stay and pay no mather what to have a roof above their head.

11. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Sounds just like Baltimore...

12. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Took them 10 minuts to get there?? wow that's the lovly police force at work for ya.....

13. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    One that’s not fighting off stupid lawsuits perhaps?

14. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I actually tought they were there pretty quick, since cops don't patrol here in full combat outfit ;)

15. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    OK so maybe its not like Baltimore after all....:)

16. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    nice.

that was funny.
    :D