1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Doing my part to boost the economy

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pineapplehead, Oct 1, 2008.

1. pineapplehead

pineapplehead

Mar 27, 2002
    and succumbed to the GAS y'all generate here.....

I picked up a Shuttle 6.0 and a NEOX212t, along with a footswitch.

I scored on the cab, as the local dealer here must have got it from his distributor at the old price. I scored it for $759 whereas MF has it for something like $829 (before shipping) and AMS has it for $900.

I almost went with the Avatar 410Neo, but Dave seemed to not be interested in getting me as a customer - saying, well, shipping to Hawaii is too expensive (though I'm paying for it) and insurance claims are too much of a hassle. I understand his point of view though - he doesn't want to eat any costs if anything is damaged. He did concede that he'd sell me a cab, but only if I arranged shipping and basically absolved him of any responsibility should something go wrong in transit.

So today I went to my local dealer and did A/B comparisons with an SWR 550x rig and an SWR Triad. We also switched heads and cabs, and I ended up preferring the 2x12 and the Shuttle.

100_2142.

2. pineapplehead

pineapplehead

Mar 27, 2002
    Oh, and this cab JUST fits in the back of my Prius!!

3. I just went through the whole insurance claim process on a DB112 and it wasn't too bad at all. In fact the seller didn't need to do a thing. There was a bit of paperwork on my end- then the Post Office sent me a cheque for the full retail amount.