1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Doing the band thing while at University?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Noseferatu, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Do it, if it doesnt work, it doesnt work.

You won't know if you dont try.

I certainly never had a problem, infact, the best band Ive ever been in was with some of my closest friends that I studied with at University :)

2. Anthbass

Anthbass

Jul 24, 2006
    Canada
    I joined a new band while finishing a graduate degree and working. I found that it gave me a different type of creative outlet, with people who had similar values, and was likely my saving grace in that last year of writing up. I was uncertain about taking on a band commitment at that point, but my wife encouraged me to make it a priority and I ultimately had no reason to regret it. Done on your terms, it can be an excellent outlet from academic pressures.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021