Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Doing the New Digicam Boogie..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I finally decided to get me a decent digital camera. I love taking pictures! :)

Here you go(don't mind the scary-looking bloke):

[​IMG]

Canon IXUS V2 for Europeans, S200 for you Yanks. It has 2x optical zoom, 2.0Mpix cell, small size and stainless steel cover - I could had bought 3Mpix or even 4Mpix camera for the money but I settled on this since I'm quite likely to carry it with me everywhere and I wanted it small and durable.

And this baby is fast! Start-up time is under 3 seconds, which is kinda nice if you want to 'capture the moment'. Just need to get a larger CF-card for it and shooting I go.

So, from now on, it's my world in colors! Expect lots of new "Look what pic I just took!"-threads from now on ;)

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Nice one! I went all digital at Christmas when my g/f bought me a digital camera! I'll need to try to post some pics - basses, me ....well maybe just the basses, don't wanna scare anyone!;)

I got a 128Mb card with it as well as the 16Mb that came as standard (weren't I lucky!), it can take about 400 pics that are real good quality!

They are very good for saving the moment!

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    picture of your hand in the toilet! NOW

4. Nice one! Digital cameras are great. a little while ago I picked up a sony DSC-71 3.2 mega pixel and it is the greatest camera I have ever used!

i think you can see it in the reflection of the grill of this car.
    [​IMG]

5. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Ditto - that's the exact model I got for Christmas!!! It's great, idiot proof - even I can use it and get decent pics!!! And this downloading through the USB - it really is the dogs dangly bits!:cool:

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Pardon me, sir, but my hand doesen't wish to take part in that kind of action..

I am sure that if you look around, you'll find sites specializing in that kind of material, though :D