Dominic Di Piazza

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by sobie18, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Anybody heard of him? I have a CD called FRONT PAGE with him, Dennis Chambers and Bireli Lagrene and this sucker just rocks! BRIGHT SIZE LIFE is a favorite of mine and this one ranks up there. A definite MUST-HAVE for bassists, guitarists, and drummers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Check out his playing on John McLauglin Trio - Que Alegria (I guess you already have that one - if not GET IT!!!!).

With this album he entered the scene with a BANG - only to fall off the face of the earth for almost a decade.
  3. Buy John McLaughlin Que Alegria.
    This is an amaizing CD with:
    John = Guitars
    Dominique = Bass
    Trilok Gurtu = Percussion

and Kai Eckhardt = Bass on to songs

This CD has an amainzing bass solo call Marie. You should find the transcription on Lucas Pickford site

José Neville
  4. Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    Yes, Di Piaza is truly amazing. For me it's easier to play stuff like Victor Wooten does then what Dominique does. If you only listen to the intro of the 1st song of the frontpage cd, your jaw will drop to the floor (an amazing cascade of harmonics with some additional open strings, VERY impressive)

I decided NOT to even TRY to copy him, he's just insane. For me (sorry to say it) he stands above Jaco, he has a unique voice with lots and lots of power.
  5. Awesome!...thanks for your replies. I listen to this CD like everyday and it just blows me away. I wouldn't know where to begin learning this one...Sounds like 5-string tuned EADGC. Bireli tears it up, too. This CD needs to be available to the public!!!! Don't you guys agree? Just smokin'!!!!!!
  6. I'm interested in checking out this album. I checked both amazon and cdnow, but I can't find it on the sites. How can I get a hold of it?
  7. Never mind. I see that audiophileimports has it. I'm actually in Japan right now so I might check out the record stores. They have lots of albums that I can't find in the States. Finally picked up my copy of Jaco's "Invitation"!