Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dominique di Piazza/Bireli Lagrene duet video

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DaveBeny, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Love it - great work Dave in finding this

Wonder what the prog is that it was taken from I'm guessing a French documentary on BL's playing or DDP's?

M

2. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
  3. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Awesome. Makes me want to go out and buy a thumbpick. :D

4. That thumbpick must be cutting off his circulation to stay on his finger during those hard runs! It looks like he's playing pretty hard and the thing doesn't move. No fair!

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    man, I guess I wont be touching my bass this weekend... :bawl:

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    It's OK, I already threw mine away...

8. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    nice...:p

I guess I've got much practicing and shedding to do this weeekend... in a Steve Swallow thread earlier today, some one posted a link with a bunch of transcribed tunes and I think that I have my weekend cut out for me...

... now this!

9. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
  10. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    had to watch it again!

Anyone know where I might find the rest of that clip? The ending is pretty clever on the CD. I'd love to see what they do live.

11. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    See post #4. There isn't any more footage - the documentary then cuts to Didier Lockwood talking to the camera before taking to the stage for a jam with Bireli.

At 08:48 into the video, you do get a few seconds of DdP playing in the dressing room.

There's also a performance of 'Teen Town' with Bireli and some young jazz/funk trio.

I've been looking for any bootlegs/video of the 'Front Page' trio for years (they did a French tour around the release of the album) but haven't found anything.