1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dominique Di Piazza

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MikeD1687, May 12, 2006.

1. Hey, I was wondering if anyone has any video footage of Dominique Di Piazza? I have only seen two videos on You Tube which are pretty cool, but this man needs more exposure. He is definitely one of the best bassists on this planet right now hands down.

If you haven't heard of him, you're missing out. He's a Fodera and Epifani endorser, and he has some serious recording creds.

Que Alegria - John Mclaughlin (Trilok Gurtu & Dominique Di Piazza)
    The title track alone is worth buying the whole cd. it's on iTunes if you can't find it in a store

Front Page - Bireli Lagrene (w/Dennis Chambers & Dominique Di Piazza)
    100 mph fusion done tastefully. Bireli is a mad man and Di Piazza keeps right with him the whole time. And Dennis Chambers, need I say any more?

He also has a new cd with Michael Manring and some other dude, forgot the name, all bass trio stuff.

Anyways, check him out if you don't know who he is, an if you do, find video footage of him!

2. rontalsaurus

rontalsaurus

Aug 19, 2002
    There's a video of him dueting with Birelli somwhere on google.video.

3. oh man thanks everyone!

4. Front Page is awesome. I got it on itunes awhile back. Every song is killer

the other bassist in that trio is Yves Carbonne

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    DdP is one of the living greats!