1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dominoes pizza....what a shame

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Apr 18, 2009.

1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    :rollno: I have not seen the vid yet but what I've heard it sounds disgusting....It is good that the ceo came out and said how it sickens him and to assure customers it is an isolated incident.....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0416091dominos1.html

Dont most resturants do background checks before hiring especially at a plce were teenagers are more likely to work?

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I wanna know WHERE in NC? It's a good thing my wife and I make the best pizza ever right here at home!

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Imagine ALL the pranks that do not go reported.

Yuck.

4. This seems about the right time to be thankful that I steer far clear of many of these types of restaurants.

5. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    My cousins best friend worked at McDonalds. Some of the stories I have heard from them make me want to vomit.

I stay away from most restaurants of this type anymore.

7. Another reason, no wait...the ONLY reason to not piss off your waiter/waitress or the person on the other end of the pizza delivery line.

Mike

8. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Domino's Prankster A Sex Offender
    Woman in shocking video pleaded guilty to illicit act with girl, 14
    APRIL 16--The woman who filmed herself and a co-worker as they joked about contaminating food at a Domino's Pizza in North Carolina is a registered sex offender who last year pleaded guilty to engaging in an illicit act with a 14-year-old girl. Kristy Hammonds, 31, and Michael Setzer, 32, were arrested yesterday and charged with delivering prohibited foods after a video surfaced showing Setzer preparing sandwiches while putting cheese up his nose, passing gas on salami slices, and appearing to blow his nose on the food. While this was occurring, Hammonds filmed Setzer and provided commentary such as, "In about five minutes it'll be sent out on delivery where somebody will be eating these, yes, eating them, and little did they know that cheese was in his nose and that there was some lethal gas that ended up on their salami." She added, "Now that's how we roll at Domino's." Court records show that Hammonds, pictured in the mug shot at right, was charged in 2006 with three counts of statutory rape and pleaded guilty last June to a reduced count of misdemeanor sexual battery. According to a Superior Court indictment, a copy of which you'll find below, Hammonds (who was charged under her married name), sexually abused the teenage girl over a four-month period. Investigators with the Alexander County Sheriff's Office, which arrested Hammonds in the sex case, declined to provide further details about their probe, citing the need to protect the minor victim. As part of her plea deal, Hammonds was required to register as a sex offender and ordered "not to be alone with anyone 16 or under, with the exception of her own children." She was also placed on probation for two years, hit with a 60-day suspended jail sentence, and fined $1941.
    :rollno::scowl::spit::atoz:

9. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    so I take it none of you has worked in food services; in the kitchen specifically?

I could tell you of tales, but I'd rather not. I make pizza at home.

This goes for ALL kinds of restaurants -- not just fast food!!

10. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I see the kitchens of restaurants regularly. Some are disgusting, some are spotless. Let's me know where I will and won't eat.

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I think you should enter restaurants through the kitchen. This way you can see what's what before you eat.

12. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I refuse to load my gear in through any kitchen that isn't spotless.

13. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I've worked in food service several times. I would never ever do anything to anyone's food, no matter how I feel about them. I actually have had others 'dismissed' for talking about doing things in the past or even joking about doing them. :)

14. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    terrible pizza anyway

15. The pizza at Dominoes is so bad, putting it up your nose would probably make it taste better.

lowsound

16. I think the food industry is like most others and there is a bell curve of competency. The problem is that the people on the "moron" end of the curve have access to your food.

Mike

17. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I like Dominoes Pizza.

But Im done eating it.

18. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Restaurants with exposed kitchens, viewable from the dining area are fine with me, except when I see the guy with the hairy arms working on my meal after I've placed my order.

19. I'm sure every person here has eaten much worse than that pizza, and many of us do so on a regular basis while eating fast food. I don't notice it so whatever, it's not going to kill me. I'll stand by the rule if it looks gross and tastes gross I wont eat it, if it tastes and looks good and has a fart on it I don't care because I don't know.

20. it would be interesting to know how much something like this actually costs the company all told........and thirty somethings with kids....geez