Don and Mike Show

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jongor, Aug 2, 2005.

1. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Anyone here listen to D&M?

I've been listening for 6-8 years, and just love the guys.

How 'bout Don coming on the radio yesterday, after the untimely death of his wife, and just airing it all out....!

Amazing radio, I thought....
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I listen on the way home from school, but I don't usually go out of my way. It was sad when freida died... Even guys on local shows were bummed and almost did entire shows about it.

My favorite segment is most definitely Jew to Jew.
  3. I'm a big fan of D&M. I try to listen everyday, but sometimes obligations take precedence. Anyway, yesterday's show was very moving. I told my wife about it and she got teary eyes too. It's such a shame when you loose a special someone with whom you share an almost cosmic bond. But we should not question God's motives and just accept.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I never heard of them. The dial on my radio never leaves sports radio.

5. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    They aren't better then Drew & Mike here in Detroit, and that's a fact.
  6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    "Don and Mike kick ass"

Yesterday's show was the most moving radio I've ever heard. I feel very bad for Don, it was so obvious how much he and Frieda loved each other.

I wonder how long till they're funny again. They are some of the best comedy talk radio ever, though some of the games they play are boring and dumb. My brothers went to high school with Robbay, I saw him play in his high school play. :)
    That's a good one, but my favorite right now is "Isn't That Something". I feel sorry for the poor "guests" when they do those dumb fake radio shows, these people are ususally plugging a book or something and they can't get a word in edgewise.

Mike's voice talent is exceptional. I miss "Uncle Cartoon".

I still haven't been to O'Meara's Pub (Hank's Look-Around Cafe) yet but I intend to go for dinner one of these weekends.
  7. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I missed yesterday's show (well, and today's for that matter). Did Don use the whole show to talk about Freida?
  8. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Actually Don didn't show up. Mike Sorce did for the first and only time ever. And he spent the whole time talking about his loss, much of it taking calls, only a few of which were idiots.
  9. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
  10. noadsallowed

Apr 20, 2005
    I am a big fan of comedy, but I just don't get Don and Mike. It seems to me that they just sort of mindlessly ramble on about silly little subjects all day long. I am more of a fan of intelligent structured humor I guess. Can anybody explain what is so amusing about these guys? I just don't get them.
  11. djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    I am a proud member of the Opie & Anthony Army and find D&M to be a huge waste of radio airwaves. In short, I think they stink and I don't like them.

That being said, no one deserves to have their wife die.
  12. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Some of their stuff is structured, like the aforementioned "Jew to Jew" and "Isn't That Something", as well as the impression and "Low Budget Jeapordy" on Fridays.

I tried to like O&A for a little while, but they seemed like nothing but sophomoric obscene sexual shock stuff whenever I heard them. I don't like that kind of radio personally.