Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Don Randall and Leo Fender...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I'm sure all of you have read the thread(s) here on TB that bash music store salesmen and if you have, maybe you'll remember the post that I posted, telling you all about how the salesman at one of my local music supermarkets told me that I should not buy a Randall amp, "because nobody famous plays them." Well, I was surprised and amazed to open a Randall catalog and read that Don Randall was partners with Leo Fender and after "seperating" from Leo, "was responsible for amp design in the 40s." Hmmmmm... I hope I run into that salesman again sometime.

I didn't want this to turn into yet another salesman-bashing thread -- but I kind of hope that it does! Bashing salesmen is a lot like spitting on ants -- they're both a lot of fun!

:D

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=172078&highlight=Randall#post172078

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I don't see how your story in any way redeems crappy salespeople. Also, it still doesn't mean that Randall amps are exceptional.

Cruddy salespeople will always blow, and Randall amps will always be Randall amps (unless Peavey buys them).

3. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Uhhhh, was that what I was trying to do? I wasn't trying to prove either of those points -- just sharing an experience, some knowledge and boosting my post count.

4. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Well, one out of three ain't bad ... in baseball.

5. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Which one did I get, the post count?

6. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Yep. But don't take it personally.