1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Submission Donald Fagen

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by wal4string, Aug 29, 2018.

1. wal4string

wal4string

Feb 25, 2008
    Security Joan (from Morph The Cat) plus Tomorrows Girls and Florida Room (from Kamakiriad). Enjoy

I produce my own practice movies just to make it easier to play along.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Seanmo, slagheap, tonym and 1 other person like this.
  2. slagheap

slagheap

Dec 23, 2011
    i see your note on tomorrow's girls. i think i understand common drop tunings and this is very cool but admit i'm confused by the red notes. for Bb tuning just drop all five strings ( not just the B string, ) down a half step, right? okay, but why are some B string notes in red and some others not?

3. wal4string

wal4string

Feb 25, 2008
    Hi slagheap. Apologies for not making my transcription very clear. Firstly the tuning for this is G, D, A, E, Bb. It is just the notes on the flattened Bb string written in Red which will sound a semi-tone lower. In the F section its written G natural to E natural, the E natural is played on the open E string, could have written an F in Red. It is just the Bb (bottom dropped string) which sounds as written so not in Red. Not sure I have explained well, but let me know if not. Ron

4. slagheap

slagheap

Dec 23, 2011
    okay, wal4string. i think i get it now, i'll go back and try again. thank-you!