Done to death I'm sure (Pedals under $100)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matt Till, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Christmas is rolling around, and Santa wants his list asap. I've become very... greedy I'll say for lack of a better word. Not really. Alright, I can't think of anything I want that isn't music related, so I'm going to ask for a shirt from southern lord or something, maybe some strings, and for my big present (we always get something around 100 bucks... I was thinking a new pedal.

That's what I got... what should my next step be. I was thinking of one of the following:
    - Manual Wah (Yes, my vol pedal is also a wah, but an awful wah)
    - Delay
    - Compressor (I'm iffy about this one... I've got one on my boss me-6b... but it's not super great... a little noisey)

Anything ideas? Suggestons?
  2. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I'd go for the wah, I love mine, and use it often.

3. get another phasor or a flanger, to put after the looper, so you can effect the loop! it'll be great!
  4. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Morley Funk Wah could be cool.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    For me, a Big Muff is key.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I'm a bit over distorted right now though. I've got my Rat/Boss, but also my main "on most of the time in my metal band" distortion (more laid back) on my multi effects unit.
  7. Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    I'm voting on a EBS MultiComp compressor
  8. mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    a good compressor will have spend a good amount of cash!

u might want to check out the new Ashdown Dual Band Compressor. i have a feeling that they are based on the Trace Elliot on-amp Compressors which were quite cool. it aint expensive really. only sold in UK so far for 70s Sterligns
  9. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You don't need to USE it, just put it on your board :spit:
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:bag: Yessir :bag:

I've got a few pedals like that. ;)

I'm torn between compression and wah...

EBS MultiComp
    Ashdown Dual Band Compressor

I gotta make a note to research these. Good compression is good (currently listening to a lot of Tony Levin)

I saw that Morley's wahs are being sold at Musicians Friend for about 60 bucks! Are they decent pedals? They look sturdy, that's a plus.

I also want a wah with an easy on/off feature. The other thing that sucks about that wah/volume on my board is it is hard to turn off and on, you really gotta kick it.