1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Donner Pedalboard ---- Truetone 1-spot combo pack help!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AngelK, Jan 3, 2018.

1. AngelK

AngelK

May 23, 2017
    Hello bassists
    I would be grateful if someone can advice me how to put the cables perfectly to the pedalboard, so i can handle the truetone adapter well... i ve made a mistake and i didn't purchase a better power supply that fits perfectly on the pedalboard

Attached Files:

2. 12BitSlab

12BitSlab Gold Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2016
    You might get more responses if you post this in the Effects forum.

Good luck!

AngelK likes this.
  3. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello. As long as the power supply you got will power your pedals well, then you did not make a mistake, I think.

Though it is true that some pedalboards are designed with special accommodation for certain models of power supply, all production pedalboards are basically blank slates, ready for you to fit whatever pedal-related equipment to them.

With that in mind, I suggest you try this:
    • First prove that your power supply can properly power all of your pedals at once. If your pedals already are affixed to the board, okay, but if not then just lay them out on the floor for this test.
    • Next, if the power supply does not work for your pedals, use the opportunity to get a "brick" style power supply that will attach to your board more neatly.
    • But if the power supply does work for your pedals: if you didn't already, commit to a layout of your pedals on the board, leaving space for audio and power cable ends.
    • Next, plan the power cable layout, but don't attach the cable to the board yet. For example, you might want to run the daisy chain power cable on the underside of the board, then extend the power cable attachments from it, through the board slats, to the pedals on the top of the board.
    • Then attach the power cables to the pedals and make sure it all works.
    • Lastly, once it all works, attach the power cables to the board, leaving a little slack when possible. Since this is a new setup, you might start with very temporary fasteners such as twist ties; then after the new setup proves itself to you for a while (a few weeks, in which time you might change the pedal layout), replace those fasteners with something more solid such as zip ties (not too tight!)
    Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    AngelK and catcauphonic like this.
  4. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I'm not understanding your power supply "issue"

It's just cable, the power supply itself plugs into an outlet and can't be mounted to the board, unless you want to run an extension cable to it.

AngelK likes this.
  5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    0B119524-F4A5-4703-9F64-35E68DE20733. I used a couple of cable ties to attach my one-spot to my board, and then use an extension cord.

AngelK likes this.
  6. AngelK

AngelK

May 23, 2017

7. AngelK

AngelK

May 23, 2017
    That's my first post... I didn't know that! Thnks! I 'll keep in mind:thumbsup:

8. AngelK

AngelK

May 23, 2017
    Snaxster you were so helpful! Thanks a lot! :):bassist:

Snaxster likes this.
  9. AngelK

AngelK

May 23, 2017
    It 's not a big problem! But i would like to have the best structure for my pedalboard. So I needed some advices... You and kesslari gave me a solution with the photo that posted and the "thing" with the extension cord... I didn't knew that. Thanks a lot!:hyper:

10. AngelK

AngelK

May 23, 2017
    Thank you very much for this photo Kesslari!!! It really helped me! The cable extension didn't passed from my mind... That is a cool solution! Thank you again!:thumbsup::hyper::D

kesslari likes this.