1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Donnie Castleman is BAD!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by HamOnTheCob, May 10, 2011.

1. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick, Mesa Boogie, Joyo, Dr. J, Levy's Leathers
    Last week my company sent me to Vegas for 4 days, mainly to go to the National Supercross Championship and represent my motorcycle dealership at a Yamaha get-together. One perk of the trip was free tickets to see Terry Fator at the Mirage.

I'm not huge on ventriloquism, so I was leery. Early into the show, though, it was obvious that the show's bass player was laying down some TASTY grooves! I kept telling my fiance "Man, that bass player is BAD!" and then when it came time for acknowledgement of the band members, he really went to town busting out a real finger-funky solo real quick and I knew surely someone here had talked about him.

Alas, I did a search and didn't find anything about him except some info about his tax expertise. So, who else here has seen this show, or seen Castleman play? Looked like he was playing a Cirrus and it sounded TIGHT. Man, I was impressed! Just thought I'd share a great bass player with you all, in case you ever get a chance to see the Terry Fator show out at the Mirage.

Jacob

2. MusicianTax

MusicianTax

Jan 26, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hi Jacob, Donnie Castleman here, thank you so VERRRY much for the very kind words, and for coming to see Terry Fator's show! Hopefully it shows how much fun Terry and the band have when we are onstage, as we all feel like a big family. I'm really having a lot of luck with the Peavey Cirrus bass and had just gotten it back from the shop when you saw me with it, I normally play a Yamaha TRB 6-String that I've had for almost 18 years but have been looking for something else to try out, and so far the Peavey is really a nice instrument. Since 1993 I've sort of split myself in half as I have had a dual career in music and taxation since then, and have a true passion for both. And, the tax thing isn't too far away from my bass playing as 90% of my clients are in the entertainment industry. I never dreamed that I would be in Vegas (formerly in Nashville) playing one of the top shows on the strip, and am thankful every day for the blessings I truly have in my life in addition to my wife and 4 kids, and a lot of friends! Once again, thanks so much for the kind words, and I hope to improve on my bass constantly to one day deserve such wonderful words, have an awesome day and it means so much to you to take the time out of your busy day to write this post, thankful for you and please let me know if you're ever out in Vegas again, would love to say hello in person.

Sincerely,

Donnie Castleman

3. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    What a trip that you're on TB! I noticed you've only been here since January, and have only posted twice... you can find info about anything here man. I'm sure you're awful busy with your 2 careers and your family, but Talkbass can get addictive! :)

I think if I get back into bass, your sound convinced me to get a Cirrus. I've always had Warwicks, but that Cirrus sounded super tight man. Your sound is killer and yes, you guys looked like a family up there. That's a nice thing to have in a band! How sweet is it to have a steady gig at the same place all the time? I'd imagine that would be very comfortable.

Thank you for your reply, and if I make it back to Vegas, I'll be sure to look you up! (It's been 21 years since my last visit, so we'll see! haha)

Jacob Moore

4. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Looks like I'll be on vacation May 28-June 3 of 2012, and we're headed back to Vegas for at least a few days of that. I don't know if we'll be able to catch the show again, but I'm going to try to talk my friends into it! Hopefully!

Jacob