1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Donny Hathaway Live/ Willie Weeks

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassist15, Apr 19, 2006.

1. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    I was looking on dustygroove site and found this album for $14. I was thinking I shoudl get this while I have a chance. I saw someone mention This song for you " or sumthing like that . What is the difference , I think im gonna get the original one though casue I heard the new one doesnt haev Willie's solo. Also coudl anyone recommend me any mreo albums with Willie Weeks.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Willie Weeks did "Chanson Papillon" for Chaka Khan which is on her "Naughty" CD. Willie Weeks is also on the new John Scofield CD which is all Ray Charles covers. He plays upright and P-bass on that CD.

3. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Is this true? Has Donny Hathaway Live been re-released without Willie Weeks' solo?

4. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    No, There is a new release in the US called These Songs for You, Live! and ITs the same album but with a few other songs and a few Donny Interviews. THey said it doesnt have the song that Willie gets his solo and some of the songs are cut short

5. Bass Boy

Bass Boy Supporting Member

Hathaway Live is one of my favorites. Weeks sounds great as well on the Sco album.

6. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Greetings all,

I wanted to revive this to see if anyone has a copy (on iTunes or some other high quality MP3-type file) of the full "Voices Inside (Everything Is Everything)" live recording with Willie's solo that you'd be willing to send to a fellow TB'er? I just went and bought the CD mentioned above not realizing it was different and that this song is not included :mad:. I really want to hear Willie get his play on, but I can't find it individually anywhere.

Thanks a lot. . .
    :help:

7. Ben Rolston

Ben Rolston Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Bump

8. Lo.

Lo.

Jan 29, 2005
    NW UK
    MarloweDK classic right here:

Wonderful!!

9. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    Love this guy.. Be his suscriber for 10 months or something now and he always teaches me something with every video.

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Tis' true. I have this one. No bass solo. I have some connects I'm polling. They may have the track. I'll get back to you.

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  12. polo515

polo515

Feb 27, 2006
    NYC
    Saw Willie with Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood last night at MSG. He was solid and really held it down, a very big sound, but pretty articulate for the Garden. It looked like the same precision he had on the last Clapton tour, maybe it was a P/J setup, hard to tell from where we were.

13. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
  14. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Oh man, I love that album, thanks for the flashback! Great version of "Jealous Guy".

15. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    The Ghetto. The groove just delivers...

16. Bass Boy

Bass Boy Supporting Member

The first time I heard that version of The Ghetto it took four days for the smile to leave my face!:D

17. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    willie played on a couple of donnie's other albums.

i love willie, he is the man. great bass work and always tasteful