Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Donovan...and Donovan Frankenreiter.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by paniak17, May 22, 2005.

1. who are they? are they the same people. i'm not sure if they are or not. I think there different people. but i donno, im confused. help me out please. thanks!

2. There is THE Donovan...as in Donovan Leitch, who was the first flower child in America from the U.K.

He is known for songs such as 'Jennifer', 'Hurdy Gurdy Man', 'Catch the Wind','Mellow Yellow', 'Sunshine Superman' (great tune!)

As for that other guy... :confused:

3. Wasn't Donovan's son like a teen heartthrob for a short while, relatively recently?

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Here's a pic of Donavon Frankenreiter, and a link to his biosketch. Note that he spells his name Donavon. BTW, this is exactly why god gave us Google.

Donavon Frankenreiter

[​IMG]

5. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Here's another pic of him, and a short bio. This one says he was born in San Juan Capistrano. The other one says Downey. You be the judge.

date of birth.: 2/5/74
    years rated on tour: na
    highest asp rating: na
    place of birth: san juan capistrano, california
    current residence: san juan capistrano, california
    height: 6'1
    weight: 180
    stance: regular
    sponsors: billabong
    favorite waves: san clemente pier
    favorite music: sunchild

[​IMG]

6. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Glad to see your giving God credit for something, Munji (my favorite CEO) Oh, and Speaking of God is the Sadowsky done yet? :D

7. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    This is the god of your choice, not necessarily the capitalized one. I asked Kevin about the status last week, and it's in spraying now. This means it's out in Van Nuys, most likely. I hope it can get done in another month or two. I've got a gig in the middle of July I'd like to use for its debut.