Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Iams has just recently been caught abusing animals and doing cruel tests on dogs in order to obtain research on dog food. Iams forced oild down one dogs throat to see how it would react!! This is just one of the many tests that they do to these poor animals! My local animal shelter in my town just recently received an award for turning down a donation from IAMS with one hundred or so other animal shelters. For more info type this in on a search engine or visit the PETA website.

Please do the right thing dont IAMS dog food!!!! :mad:

(I noticed one person said the link doesnt work just try typing it in manually their legit websites)
  2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Got proof, links, info. Dont want to slander anyone on a site this big.

Show it and the thread will stay open...if not it will bbe closed.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Please provide a link, I'm currently pissed off as you are, but I would like to see documentation.
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Oil? As in a "bubblin' crude" oil? I still have trouble believing any of the propaganda made by PETA. They go way too far over the line for the wrong reasons.
  5. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    This isnt just PETA that has this literature on this ive seen articles in magazines and papers numerouse times and im sure even PETA wouldnt set up a corporation like IAMS who is supposed to be helping animals!
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Proof, matey, we want proof. Thus far, we have hearsay and conjecture. Which are entertaining, but not proof.
  7. PETA isn't exactly known for unbiased, accurate reporting.

And just because a bunch of web sites claim that "2+2=5" ....doesn't mean 2+2=5.
  8. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    ugh... slander...

me thinks this person is just trying to spread "the word."

join date january 05 anyone? :eyebrow:

(p.s. if you want to see some straight forward and "truthful" reporting... go to . cant stand how the propaganda... just makes me mad.)
  9. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    That can be said about thousands of different things you hear about corporations in the news every day
  10. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Im sorry you feel that way but you can look into the talk bass archives and see tuns of my posts and threads since i have joined im just a guy who loves his pets and doesnt want to support a company who abuses animals.
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    you guys need to lighten up and remeber where you are reading this before jumping all over this guy. Yes, this is the internet, could it be true? Sure! Could it be BS? Sure!

I'd think an approproate answer to a thread like this is: "Hey! thanks for the heads up, I'm going to look into that." --then go look into it yourself if you are so inclined.

Worrying about slandering IAMS on Talkbass is sort of like worrying about where you'll invest after winning the lottery, IMO.
  12. Andrew W.

Andrew W.

Nov 28, 2004
    The link does not work.
  13. Andrew W.

Andrew W.

Nov 28, 2004
    Looks like the web site has been shut down.

Another awful thing I found while searching was that PETA has a KIDS (!) website. Fortunately, that web site has been shut down too.

That is just as shameful as Bill O'Reilly's 'Childrens books', and Neo-Nazi 'hate labels' that give free CDs to kids of 'hate music'. I don't care what your message is, trying to impress you personal beliefs on kids who (usually) don't know any better is about as low as you can get.

Ok, Ok... Back to topic :D
  14. Andrew W.

Andrew W.

Nov 28, 2004
    Typed it in manually, and I searched for it on Google; Does not work.

Maybe they're not 'legit'? Just a thought.
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Well my critters and my folks critters and my sisters critters all live on a mix of NutroMax and fresh meats and veggies so I'll assume I'm safe
  16. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York

The website definately has not been shut down because i am on it as we speak!!

I want you guys to make your own judgements on this topic , I felt that it was an issue that people should know about!! I f you feel pasionate about this issue you can do research on it if you please I had origionally heard it from my local animal shelter who recieved an award from a worldwide dog magazine (might have been called dog fancy) not sure of the name. I feel that I have done my research on it and what I have heard and read is enough for me to minus a single brand from the large variaty of dog foods at mygrocery stoor.
  17. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I cannot get to it either. Nor the PETA site. Clear your cache then reload the site.
  18. Andrew W.

Andrew W.

Nov 28, 2004
    I really do not like the new website link you posted. They tell you to imagine your favorite breed of puppies or your loyal compainion being tortured by their awful conditions, and put in awful cages. But then they show you a picture of a dog in one of these cages, and it is basically a kennel like people board their dogs in. I don't think kennels are the absolute nicest place for dogs, but they arent in any way mistreating the dogs just by keeping them in there.

Plus, the people on the website write about dogs being killed by the doctors, when people put dogs "to sleep" to put them out of "their misery" all of the time. I'd rather see these people protest euthanasia than this; Kills many more dogs, and you don't need a reason to do so.

And where does this information come from?

"PETA, that's where."

Pretty commanding, and they act like the name has autority. I think any organization such as Peta with the amounts of property damage and inhumanity they have caused (not to mention the things the PETA-sponsored european animal rights groups do), should not be held creditable at all.

But, it is just my opinion. :meh:
  19. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    sorry if these arent working but i asure you that you can easily get some sites from a search engine. Like I said before make your own decisions about this I thought it was an issue pet owners should know about. do what you please ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.