Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Don't buy the BTB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Jun 3, 2002.

1. It sucks. Has only two tones. Fat bass no mid or definition and lots of mid no bass. As for trying to meet in the middle, forget it. Trying to compromise bass and mid with this thing leaves you lacking with on both levels so you're stuck with one or the other. Yes it looks good and the price does too. But it isn't worth what you pay. Not a versatile bass at all. My opinion, but I have done some serious work to this thing. Hours upon hours of turning knobs eq'ing and blah blah blah. So I'm recommending it. Or any other Ibanez really. Sorry.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

There are a couple of guys here who own BTB's and really like them. I almost bought a BTB406, until my wife made me buy a Cirrus quilt top 6.:D

3. Oh yeah I like it at first too. Then I got complaints from the band. No mids, mids, mids and blah blah. And I started really listening and it just wouldn't perform. Sorry man no good. Then it could be because I'm dreaming of a Fender J. Ahhhh. That would be nice.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What a horrible wife you have! Forcing a Peavy on you like that! That's a shame, Jeff. Really. I'm serious.

Psh...

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    change your batteries, BTB has nice mids

6. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Just because of the little knobby dealys, have you actually played the thing?! It sounds, and feels great! To tell you the truth, it's probably not the bass that sucks, it might be you, or the strings or something.:rolleyes: I could name a bunch of people in TB that own and love there BTB!

7. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I agree. Somebody prove me wrong, because I like the way the instrument looks, but I couldn't get a sound I liked out of it. Not even close. It sounded too "metallic" to me (and don't ask me about the action, it wasn't low) and just plain dull. Good looking instrument though, I especially like the bridge.

8. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    i think it's just the strings, get some new flats

9. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

the stock BTB strings suck hard
    install some DRs

i couldnt bring myself to say it ;)

10. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    don't buy the BTB? Dangit, too late! Tell you what, if you dislike yours so much, then just send it on over my way..... then it can sit right next to mine!

P@

11. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Someone had to

12. But I thought he wanted to improve the tone? :D

Spanky, Clan Flatsevil

13. hey mebusdriver,.. It sounds to me like the batteries were dead. but hey.. what exact Btb model did you checked?

14. BTB sucks indeed.. better give it to me, i'll take care of it. :)

b.t.w. if you want mids, go for the Cort 3535, it has real strong lows and mids.

otherwise.. thumb.. that's the mid-master (tm) :D

15. A bad sounding I-BEEN-HAD? :eek:

Is there really such a thing? :D

Send it over this way... I'm cold and can use the wood for the fire.

~Ad