1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Don't call it a comeback!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Funkee1, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Funkee1

Funkee1 Commercial User

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Guitar Center
    I've been here for years!!

With apologies to LL Cool J!

I am NOT a new member, but have recently started posting here again, after a long absence! Some of you know me from other bass forums that shall remain nameless.

I am a bassist, originally from New Mexico, transplanted to Southern California for many years. I played in a variety of situations, from cover to original, worked with several up and coming smooth jazz and R&B artists,and even recorded with soul legend Charles Wright. I worked in Vegas, Laughlin and Reno, and I used to refer to myself as the "Genz Benz evangelist".

I still believe in Genz Benz, but a theft of a large chunk of my gear, right before I moved, caused me to use a Behringer, and a cab I bought from a pawn shop (Legion??)

I relocated to El Paso, TX, where my family lives, and have been trying to stay motivated musically. Like my signature says, I have become one of the buasiest bassists in El Paso. Problem is, there ain't that much work here, so it wasn't hard to become the busiest!

I am gigging about 3 weekends a month, and I have a house gig at Destiny Faith and Christian Center, where I anchor a really hot praise/ Gospel band (Not trying to convert anyone, but our 11:00MST service is sreamed live at www.destiny4me/live if anyone wants to tune in!) and I get to play some really cool, bass-centric tunes!

I play a Spector Rebop 5, and I love all Spector products, but have recently been gassing for a Jazz body bass!

I am also a Star Trek geek, and I love movies. The cheesier, the better, and am really into funk/ R&B/ and the music of the 80's.

Currently playing through a Peavey TVX 210, the aforementioned Behringer BXR1800H, and I use a SansAmp Bass Driver DI, a Soss CS-3 compressor, A Boss OC-2 octave and a CE-3 Chorus.

Any more questions?

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nope. Name doesn't ring a bell!!

3. Funkee1

Funkee1 Commercial User

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Guitar Center
    I didn't think you'd recognize me!

4. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User